Qufora products are easy to pack and use when travelling
Qufora products are easy to pack and use when travelling also abroad. It may be useful to put some products in your hand luggage in case of any delay in getting your hold cases. You should always be mindful that if you are travelling to a different time zone, this may take your bowel some time to get used to your new regime.
Using the water abroad to irrigate
One thing to be aware of when you take your system abroad is the water quality – if you can drink the tap water then this is fine to use for irrigation. Should you be in any doubt, cooled boiled water can also be used as well as bottled water – remember that this should be lukewarm, similar to the temperature of a baby bath (36-38 degrees).
Disposing of single-use equipment when you need to irrigate mid-flight
You can dispose of these in the airplane toilet disposal bin. It may be worthwhile booking a seat in advance near to the toilets and familiarizing yourself with the location of the toilets when you enter the plane.
Water and soap – and dry well!
The few moments you spend washing your hands may make your trip much more pleasant or save you a trip to the doctor!
How should you wash your hands?
- Wet your hands with clean running water (warm or cold)
- Apply enough soap to cover all surfaces of your hands
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Be sure to lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails
- Scrub your hands for at least 20-30 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or let them air- dry
If you have any further questions about bowel irrigation, please contact your healthcare professional. We at Qufora are also glad to support you if you need more information about your Qufora IrriSedo irrigation system.
Discover Qufora IrriSedo Flow, a new bowel irrigation system with an innovative way of managing water flow, that is simply intuitive to use and designed to be individual to suit different situations.