Qufora IrriSedo Bed
Complete, controlled, and 'closed' irrigation system
Qufora IrriSedo Bed is a unique way of performing bowel irrigation while the patient remains in bed.
Learn more about Qufora IrriSedo Bed – product features, how it works and more
Qufora IrriSedo Bed is a ‘closed’ irrigation system ideal for people who are unable to sit on an ordinary toilet and therefore need their bowel management to be carried out on the bed.
- Qufora IrriSedo Bed with a rectal catheter is designed for patients who lack the mobility to use the toilet
- This system allows a relative or caregiver to perform bowel irrigation on a patient in a supine position
- The single use system has several unique features and for the first time allows bowel irrigation to be carried out in a hygienic, odor-free way on the bed
Ideal for people who:
- Would benefit from bowel management in bed or in a supine position
- Lack the mobility to use the toilet
- Have problems with balance
- Are unable to sit on the toilet for longer periods of time
An assessment is always carried out by the healthcare professional in order to identify suitability for irrigation and the right product for the individual needs.
Qufora IrriSedo Bed includes:
- 1500 ml water bag with a valve and a pump
- 3000 ml collection bag
- Single-use catheters (three different diameter sizes: Ø12, Ø21, and Ø30)
- Gel sachets
How does the product work?
Qufora IrriSedo Bed irrigates simply using warm water via a rectal catheter, which is attached to the water bag and a collection bag.
Fill the water bag with lukewarm water.
Attach the catheter to the tube and the collection bag. The collection bag contains an integrated plug that fits into the catheter.
Water from the water bag is guided into the rectum by the catheter. With the collection bag fitted to the catheter, the plug ensures that the water stays in the rectum.
When the water has had time to work in the bowel, the plug is pulled out of the catheter. Water and faecal matter will flush into the collection bag.
This process can be repeated until the desired amount of water has been instilled and removed without having to remove the catheter.
Before use, always consult the ‘Instructions for use’ document delivered with the product.
We strongly believe that being as independent as possible has a positive impact on quality of life. The key to successful bowel irrigation is based on assessment, training and follow-up with the healthcare professional. Therefore, we want to support healthcare professionals with a product that will help achieve positive patient outcomes.
- The system collects the irrigated faecal matter in a closed collection bag
- The person is relieved of any faecal matter in a hygienic, odorless and more dignified way than traditional procedures, for the benefit of both the carer and the bedridden person
- A faecal continence period of 24 to 48 hours can be ensured, thus gaining control over bowel management issues
- Qufora IrriSedo Bed System is latex-free
Qufora IrriSedo Bed can be used for people who cannot sit or be safely hoisted over a toilet or those who find that bed bowel management is preferable.
Selected end-user profiles:
- For people requiring assistance to defecate (bed-ridden people or people not able to sit on a toilet seat)
- Terminal care
- Nursed in bed
Examples of indications:
- Bed bowel management
- Poor balance unable to transfer
- SCI with upper motor neurone lesion /trunk balance e.g. upper motor neurone lesion
- The catheter and collection bag are single use items. If the single use items of the product are reused, there is a risk of unwanted effects that can influence the function of the product and the health of the patient, carers and others
- The water bag and pump can be used up to 1 month. Should discoloration develop within the recommended usage time, this item should be replaced
How does Qufora IrriSedo Bed work?
Watch the video to learn how to put together and use Qufora IrriSedo Bed.
Please read the “Instructions for use” carefully before using a product. In here, you will find information about usage, contraindication, warnings, and further instructions.