Our Mission is centered around ‘Human health’ and we have a holistic approach where we consider several aspects linked to the health and well being of our customers and end-users: patient journey, products, societal value (healthcare economy), education, quality of life and sustainability and environmental footprint.
- That we integrate our sustainability ambitions into our well established product development process. We have a culture of constant improvement and it is part of our company DNA to keep developing new and improved solutions for our customers. By adding a sustainable dimension to this process we will further enhance the value of our products and services. And by building on existing structures and ways of working, this new focus and ambition will easily be implemented and executed.
- We will embrace the circular sustainability mindset and it is our ambition to implement clean sustainable materials that will contribute to a more efficient use of materials and resources in our future products, and product upgrades, wherever this is possible without compromising product quality, safety or usability.
What are our ambitions
- We want to strengthen our relations and our commitment to our strategic suppliers and manufactures in order to push the sustainable agenda
- We want to help and encourage our suppliers and manufactures to minimize their environmental footprint
- We want to focus on sustainable logistics and transport to make all transport and shipping as efficient and sustainable as possible
- We want to increase the direct-to consumer contact and interaction
- We want to increase the feedback from users
- We want to strengthen the direct personal contact and interaction with healthcare professionals
- We want an open and honest communication about our products and how they are made, what materials they are made from and how they should be handled, including after use/ end-of-life of products
- We commit to always improve every new product and service that we bring to market in terms of environmental footprint and sustainability profile
- By further strengthening the relationship to our strategic suppliers, and through consistent pressure and encouragement towards a sustainable agenda, we will affect and influence them in terms of lowering their CO2 emissions, reducing the amount of materials and resources used, as well as using the ‘right’ materials in the ‘right’ way with the suitable and most efficient technologies available
- We will invest in knowledge, education and knowhow for our employees for them to be able to execute and act on our sustainability ambitions and goals
- We predict that high quality products and services developed with a sustainable mindset and profile will be an important part of our customers’ preferences
- We believe that a sustainable agenda and mindset will add value to the meaningful and personal dialogue we have with our end-users and healthcare professionals in pursuing a common goal for a sustainable future
- Our ambition is to set the standard for sustainable healthcare equipment, and we hope to be able to inspire others to follow
Our sustainability strategy is grounded in the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
We selected 4 goals to work with, where we can make a difference with our business.
The Sustainable Development Goals are the blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all. They address the global challenges we face, including poverty, inequality, climate change, environmental degradation, peace and justice.
Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all ages
- Our mission is to improve the quality of life for people suffering from bladder and bowel related issues.
- We constantly work to improve the standards of good health and care for all and to lower the risk of contamination.
- We acknowledge that bladder and bowel related issues are considered a taboo area for many and can lead to social isolation, lack of control, mental challenges and even depression. We embrace both the physical and mental challenges of bowel related issues in a holistic and sustainable way.
- We educate and increase openness around bowel related issues to break down taboos within the area. This is to help people suffering from these conditions replace anxiety and embarrassment with knowledge.
Reduce inequality within and among countries
- We want to ensure all people, despite conditions and challenges, have equal opportunities in daily life and none shall be limited in freedom due to bladder or bowel challenges.
- We make space for diversity and for people with special needs or limited physical abilities and we believe that working with colleagues of different cultures, gender, ages and ethnicities is a valuable attribute to an innovative development working environment.
Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- We embrace the circular mindset and we have an ambition to implement clean sustainable materials that will contribute to a more efficient use of materials and resources in our future products, and product upgrades, wherever this is possible without compromising product quality, safety or usability.
- We will reduce the amount of materials and resources used in the development of every new product and service, and we commit to always improve and make new products and manufacturing processes more efficient and sustainable in comparison to what they replace.
- We will design every new product with a circular mindset and consider the entire use cycle; Before, during and after use.
- We will communicate this in a transparent and honest way to our customers and end-users, so they can handle the product responsibly, including after use and at the end-of-life of the product.
Strengthen the mess of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development
- By further strengthening the relationship to our strategic partners and through consistent pressure and encouragement towards a sustainable circular agenda, we will affect and influence them in terms of lowering their CO2 emissions, reducing the amount of materials and resources used, as well as using the ‘right’ materials in the ‘right’ way with the suitable and most efficient technologies available.
- We support and partner up with relevant patient organizations and contribute to and participate in relevant congresses and events within the bladder and bowel area.
- We keep strengthening our collaboration with healthcare professionals and support increased research and education within the bladder and bowel area.
- We establish and develop advisory boards and clinical trials and studies and sponsor relevant PHD studies within the bowel and bladder area.
- We will invest in knowledge, education and knowhow for our employees for them to be able to execute and act on our sustainability ambitions and goals.
We are an innovative development house and we seek constant improvements in everything we do to improve healthcare offering to a new paradigm.
What we do
|Education of healthcare professionals||We educate healthcare professionals about bowel care and constantly explore new knowledge, as well as creating educational material to break down the “poo taboo” and the taboo about fecal incontinence|
|Dialogue with, and commitment from, strategic partners||We will push and encourage our strategic partners towards a constantly improving sustainable agenda – we will carefully assess new partners and suppliers from a sustainable perspective including our new sustainable policy and ambitions|
|Reevaluate our value proposition to incorporate sustainable values and goals||We will make sure that our value proposition reflects our ambitions within sustainability, and we will use this as a guide for decision-making in our development projects|
|Build a structure in R&D for more thorough material assessment and evaluation||We will form a team and a structure to make sure that we educate ourselves within the newest knowledge around material and sustainability and we will further strengthen our assessment of materials used in new product development|
|Integrate a sustainable policy in our R&D development process||We will make sure that the sustainable agenda is present in our development process with an integrated structure that helps us make the best possible decisions from a sustainability point of view|
|Define and make communication about sustainability ‘The new state of mind’ and communicate this internally and externally||We will communicate in a transparent, open and honest way about our sustainability goals and ambitions both internally and externally|